Enforcement is divided into these categories:
- Air - enforcement officers respond to citizen complaints about emissions and odors.
- Water - inspectors enforce regulations against unlawful dumping of waste into the local waterways.
- Facility Compliance - oil field sites, fuel storage, oil recycling facilities and rock crushing facilities.
- Illegal Dumping - investigators work with law enforcement to respond to complaints and stop illegal dumping.
- Asbestos - inspectors inspect building, demolition and construction sites. They also respond to complaints and ensure compliance pertaining to the removal and clean-up asbestos containing materials.
- Hazardous Materials - respond to emergencies involving hazardous materials and provide assistance for securing the scene and clean-up.
- Fuel Storage Tanks - oversee the removal and management of underground storage tanks and above ground storage tanks containing fuels and other regulated liquids.
Common Types of Environmental Complaints
There are many different types of environmental complaints. The list below provides a number of different types that we enforce.
- Health nuisance violations
- Illegal dumping of hazardous materials on land
- Illegal dumping of hazardous materials in water
- Outdoor burning of hazardous materials
- Illegal dumping of construction and oil field waste
- Illegal dumping of dead animals
- Illegal dumping of bulk trash