CITY OF JACKSBORO General Election Information
please see below.
ELECTIONS AND VOTING
The City’s General Election is held the first Saturday in May of each year.
All City Council places are 2 year terms being elected “at large” as each represent the entire community.
The Mayoral race is held on odd numbered years, along with Council Places 2 and 4;
Council Places 1, 3 and 5 are held on even numbered years.
100 N. Main, Ste. 301, Jacksboro 76458
(Secretaria de votación anticipada)
100 N. Main, Ste. 301, Jacksboro 76458
CITY OF JACKSBORO
(Ciudad de Jacksboro)
(Secretario de la ciudad)
112 W. Belknap Street, Jacksboro 76458
(940) 567-6321 Phone
(940) 567-2590 Fax
HELPFUL LINKS:Vote Texas website: http://www.votetexas.gov/TEXAS SECRETARY OF STATE Elections Division website: http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/index.shtmlYou may direct questions about election laws to the Secretary of State-Election Division at 1.800.252.VOTE (8683) or 512.463.5650TEXAS ETHICS COMMISSION (TEC)For questions concerning reporting procedures campaigning, contributions, or expenditures, please contact the Texas Ethics Commission at Main Number: 512-463-5800 or TDD: 1-800-735-2989 or go online at www.ethics.state.tx.us.Jack County Elections Administrator/Voter Registrar information: http://www.jackcounty.org
Lynn Casteel, Jack County Courthouse, 100 N. Main, Ste. 301, Jacksboro 76458, (940) 567-2910 Phone, (940) 567-2930 FAX
2024 CANDIDATE APPLICATIONS, INFORMATION AND FORMS
Your interest in serving your community is appreciated.
The following is information compiled to assist with your Application for a Place on the City of Jacksboro General Election Ballot, as well as campaigning. Additional information can be found at the Texas Ethics Commission website and the Texas Secretary of State website through the links provided above.
Please keep in mind the important dates listed in the "CALENDARS" section as forms will not be received before nor after the dates specified. Should you have any questions related to filing your application for a place on the May 4, 2024 General Election Ballot, please do not hesitate to contact City Secretary Shalyn Burritt at 940-567-6321 or via email at email@example.com. Hard copies of any of this information is available at the City Secretary's office at Jacksboro City Hall 112 W Belknap Street, Jacksboro, TX 76458.
It is very important that you read and become familiar with all of the documents that have been provided.
Please note that this office serves as your filing authority, all required forms are to be filed with the Office of the City Secretary. You will need to fill out and submit the following forms as they pertain to you:
- APPLICATION FOR PLACE ON BALLOT FOR CITY OF JACKSBORO TEXAS GENERAL ELECTION TO BE HELD MAY 4, 2024 OR
- APPLICATION FOR WRITE-IN CANDIDATE FOR CITY OF JACKSBORO TEXAS GENERAL ELECTION TO BE HELD MAY 4, 2024
- CODE OF FAIR CAMPAIGN PRACTICES (FORM CFCP)
- CAMPAIGN TREASURER BY CANDIDATE FORM CTA: APPOINTMENT OF A CAMPAIGN TREASURER BY CANDIDATE
- CANDIDATE/OFFICEHOLDER CAMPAIGN FINANCE REPORT (FORM C/OH)
- C/OH INSTRUCTION GUIDE
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT OFFICER CONFLICTS DISCLOSURE STATEMENT (FORM CIS)
- CONFLICT OF INTEREST QUESTIONNAIRE (CIQ)
- FIRST STEPS FOR A CANDIDATE RUNNING FOR OFFICE (TXSOS)
- TEC 2024 FILING SCHEDULE FOR REPORTS DUE IN CONNECTION WITH ELECTIONS HELD ON UNIFORM ELECTION DATES
- CAMPAIGN FINANCE GUIDE FOR CANDIDATES AND OFFICEHOLDERS WHO FILE WITH LOCAL FILING AUTHORITIES
- AMENDMENT APPOINTMENT OF A CAMPAIGN TREASURER BY CANDIDATE (FORM ACTA)
- ACTA INSTRUCTION GUIDE
- POLITICAL ADVERTISING WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION CAMPAIGN SIGNS REGULATIONS
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT CODE; TITLE 2. ORGANIZATION OF MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENT; SUBTITLE B. MUNICIPAL FORM OF GOVERNMENT: CHAPTER 22. ALDERMANIC FORM OF GOVERNMENT IN TYPE A GENERAL-LAW MUNICIPALITY
- CANDIDACY FILING - LOCAL POLITICAL SUBDIVISIONS
- TEXAS SECRETARY OF STATE TERMS, QUALIFICATIONS & VACANCIES
POLITICAL FUNDS AND CAMPAIGN FINANCE
- TITLE 15, ELECTION CODE: REGULATING POLITICAL FUNDS AND CAMPAIGNS
- C/OH CORRECTION AFFIDAVIT (FORM COR-C/OH)
- CANDIDATE/OFFICEHOLDER REPORT OF UNEXPENDED CONTRIBUTIONS (FORM COH-UC)
- CANDIDATE/OFFICEHOLDER REPORT OF UNEXPENDED CONTRIBUTIONS FORM COH-UC INSTRUCTION GUIDE
FUNDRAISING & ADVERTISING