Steps 1, 2 & 3
Step 1: Receiving the Complaint The code compliance officer routinely monitors all areas of the city for environmental violations. If you as a citizen have a complaint, please contact Star Kinder by calling (940) 567-2131 Ext: 1202 in order for the department to generate paperwork to begin an investigation into the violation.
Step 2: Assessing the Situation
Enforcement staff will determine the appropriate timeline for investigating the complaint based on several criteria:
- Current compliance caseload
- Priority ranking of the violation
- The type of alleged violation
Step 3: Research
At the beginning of each investigation, the following is established:
- Identification of applicable code provisions – Compliance staff will identify the pertinent regulations that may have been violated according to the complaint.
- Other potential responsible persons – In addition to the person listed below, other persons potentially responsible for the alleged code violation(s) will be identified such as tenants.
- Prior complaint history – Compliance staff will review city records to determine the existence and status of any prior or existing code violations for the subject property or the alleged violator.
- Property ownership – All persons with a recorded legal interest in the subject property will be identified, including the owners, contract purchasers, lessees, lien holders, etc.