Deferred Disposition


You are eligible for deferred disposition if:

  • You are not charged with a violation occurring in a construction zone
  • You are not charged with speeding in excess of 24 miles per hour over the speed limit
  • You are not currently participating in a deferred disposition in the City of Jacksboro
  • You do not have a commercial driver's license (CDL)
  • You have not already paid your fine, which resulted in a final conviction in this case
  • You have not participated in any deferred disposition program during the past year, calculated from the date of the previous dismissal to the date of your current citation

Filing Requirements

  • Appear on or before your initial appearance date in person or in writing
  • Enter a plea of guilty or nolo contendere
  • Pay fines and court costs
  • Submit a written request for deferred disposition
  • Submit proof of financial responsibility
  • Waive the right to have a trial before a judge or jury

A request for deferred disposition must be submitted by mail or made in person at the Court Clerk’s Office.

Deferred Process

After your request for deferred disposition is granted, you will be placed on probation for a period not to exceed 180 days. You are not allowed to receive any additional citations in the City of Jacksboro, including parking tickets, during the deferred period. There may be other conditions that may need to be met before your deferral period can be successfully completed, in this event, you will be notified by the court. In addition, you will be required to sign your disposition order acknowledging the deferral terms. If you are 25 years old or younger, you will be required to complete a defensive driving course.

Citation Dismissal

Upon successful completion of the deferral period, the judge will dismiss your citation without a final disposition. Dismissal of the citation is not reported to the Department of Public Safety, so the offenses are not recorded on your driving and/or criminal record.

Contact Us

If you have any questions, please contact the Municipal Court at (940) 567-6321.