DefinitionThe term garage sale refers to the sale of personal property on the same lot as a residential dwelling within a residential zoning district and means to include yard sales, estate sales, and moving sales.
(A) Four garage or home sales may be held per year per household covered by the permit application. No other such sales shall be held at that location during that year, which year consists of 365 days, between January 1st and December 31.
- The permittee shall be entitled to one (1) on-premise sign placed one (1) day prior to the garage sale.
- The permittee shall be entitled to post four (4) additional signs off-premises for the purpose of notifying the public of the date, time and location of the sale; provided, however, no sign shall be placed in a public right-of-way, in any sight visibility triangle, utility pole, official sign, tree, nor be in excess of three (3) feet above ground level or exceed six (6) square feet in area.
- The off-premise signs may be place one (1) day prior to the sale.
- All signs or notices posted in regard to any garage or home sale for which a permit is issued under the provisions of this article shall be located so as not to constitute an impairment to or obstruction of traffic.
- All signs must be removed before 8:00 a.m. the day after the sale has concluded.
All citizens having garage sales MUST SUBMIT a Garage Sale Permit Application with the City before such sale begins. The application fee is $5.00 and must be paid at City Hall and by completing the Garage Sale Permit form. You may also submit the online application form but payment must be made at City Hall.